Friday, July 1, 2011

Surprise delivery

Some of you might be aware that a while back, CF and I had taken an online course in watch repair. Unfortunately, we soon ran out of watches to practice on (or destroy?). To add to it, work at our workplace also increased, and the course came to an abrupt stop. We'd always discuss about resuming it, but never got the time or inclination to do it.
A few days ago, I got a surprise delivery from a WIS friend from Delhi. It was a box containing six 'guinea pig' watches for me and CF to practice on. Along with it was a letter which encouraged us to "experiment on" the watches and basically do whatever we felt like with them, and if we wanted more, there were many more from where they came from!
If there was anything that could motivate us into completing the course, it was this!
Here are the six 'guinea pigs':


I have to confess though. While, I'm pumped about being able to work on the watches, I really can't bring myself to fiddle around with the Enicar.


The watch is screaming for a restoration and I hope my watch guy can do a good job with it.

A special shout out to Sumer, who took time out to collect the watches and ship them out to us. Both CF and I truly appreciate it! :)

No comments: