Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Digital Love

OK, so I have to admit, I am not a big fan of digital watches. I have had a couple or so when I was a kid - one was the talking kind and yes, at that time, it was awesome to have one of those. After that, it was all analog (not that I was into watches, but rather I thought digital looked a lil kiddish). Then I got into watches and soon started thinking only about buying mechanical ones.
All pics taken from online


Sweet, isn't it?

A year into this obsession came a phase where I thought of buying a G-shock and felt that everyone has to have one in his/her collection. I almost bought one, but since I made a few purchases, I sort of let go of the idea. Just today, a co-worker (and a reader of the blog) asked me for some help in selecting a 'sporty' watch for her brother who is into cycling. G-shock was the first thing that popped into my mind and I started browsing a few forums to see which one could be a nice buy. I started looking at a few old favourites of mine like the Mudman and Riseman and started getting that old feeling back. Next I checked out some Suunto watches and generally a few other digital watches. The Suunto Core looked appealing and came packed with lots of neat features.





And then it happened...I have to say, for a person who is more inclined to buying mechanical analog watches, this one put a spell over me! I mean I just couldn't take my eyes off it.

Just look how stunning it is!

Its called the Suunto Elementum Ventus and it comes in few color options, but the one with the brown leather strap is the one that I like the most. Its a lil steep for the price - it goes for $1000 on the Suunto website, but its supposed to be a part of the 'premium line' of the company's sport watches. For the time being, I don't have the funds to get one, but this will definitely be an addition to my wish list and maybe the next watch I buy.

No comments: