Sunday, September 5, 2010

Its been a while

Apologies to all the followers/visitors of this blog as its been a while since we last posted here, but its really been hectic for us with our work and all, but we'll try not to let that get in the way. The title however refers to my situation in the sense thats its been a long time since I bought a new watch for myself :(
When I bought my grail - the Sub, last year, I thought that with some determination, I could get my next grail ( the first watch that I truly fell in love with) - the TAG Heuer Carrera chrono.

I've always dreamed of owning this watch and promised myself that this will be the watch I buy next. Its been a while now and I don't see myself coming close to owning one in the near future. I'm really thinking of buying a couple of affordables to keep me going till then. I constantly find myself browsing the sales pages on different forums and almost pulling the trigger on few of them.

Currently I'm thinking of buying a couple of Vostok Komandirskie.
(image taken from vostok-watches.com)
Maybe I can also get a few NATO straps and swap them every now and then.

5 comments:

Raja said...

Its nice to read about our own watch lovers.I've read your posts on WUS.My own affordable collection has an Amphibian, 3133 Chronograph, Vostok Europe Submariner,Parnis and a few others on the way, apart from the usual HMTs,Favre Leubas,WestEnds,etc.,Maybe you should look at a 3133 for a few dollars more.....

crazyfingers said...

Hi Raja, its nice to meet a fellow WUS member from India. Thanks for the suggestions and yes, the 3313 is definitely something to think about. In fact my brother (Bio), recently picked up a stunning Strela with that movement :)
Cool collection by the way!

me said...

If you want a good Komandirskie, see if you can find one made in the USSR. It should say USSR or CCCP near the 6 o'clock marker. The USSR-made watches are arguably superior in quality to the newer models manufactured in Russia. I bought mine in Moscow in 1991; I still wear it today and, despite never having been lubricated since then, it is still as accurate as the day I put it on. These things are simply indestructible -- classic USSR military stuff.

You may be able to find them in India, given that we were/are allies.

crazyfingers said...

Thanks for that great tip Edward! Will definitely lookout for the ones with the USSR or CCCP mentioned. I doubt I can get them here though. I'll try asking around, maybe I'll get lucky :)

Raja said...

Hi, Thanks. My collection is growing. Strela is next on my list. I'm alos looking for a retro K-43, white dial which is likely to be available by end of Sept at Smirs.
Raja